This is the list of qualifications that you want to be able to track in the system. These qualification definitions will be added to each practitioner’s profile - based on the licenses and certifications they have - along with a start date and expiration date.
These qualification definitions will also be added to insurance plan benefits that require the servicing practitioner to have specific qualifications. This will enable the system to cross check each encounter that is scheduled, and ensure the practitioner has the necessary credentials to conduct the encounter.
- Type – select the qualification type – license, insurance credential, etc.
- Code – choose a qualification code or create a new one.
To create a new qualification code, click ‘New Codeable Concept’ from the qualification code field lookup.
Enter the following information in the codeable concept fields:
- Name – Enter the qualification acronym.
- Text – Enter the qualification name.
- System – http://terminology.hl7.org/ValueSet/v2-0360
- Code – Enter the qualification acronym.